WaterSmart Innovations Conference and Exposition
South Point Hotel and Conference Center
Las Vegas, Nevada
October 6-7, 2021
You re invited to attend and participate in the 13th Annual WaterSmart Innovations Conference and Exposition, October 6-7, 2021, in Las Vegas, Nevada, at the South Point Hotel and Conference Center.
Deadline and how to submit:
Abstracts may be submitted on-line at WatersmartSpeakers.com no later than Saturday, May 15, 2021.
Notification of acceptance:
Candidates chosen as presenters will be notified by e-mail and postal mail no later than Friday, June 4, 2021.
Abstract submittal guidelines:
WSI 2021 Call for Abstract Guidelines
Professionals, scientists, government employees, organizations, public and private institutions, policy makers, students and all others working in an industry dealing with water conservation may submit an abstract for an oral presentation or panel discussion at this event.
The purpose of this conference is to broaden the knowledge of innovations in urban water efficiency including products, policies, techniques and ideas. All topics related to innovations in water conservation will be considered. Potential topics include:
- Alternate Sources of Supply
- Codes, Policies and Rates
- Conservation and Incentive Programs
- Construction and Development
- Drought Management
- High Efficiency Fixtures and Appliances
- Landscapes and Outdoor Water Use
- Marketing & Outreach
- Rainwater / Greywater / Stormwater Harvesting
- Special Topics / Other
- Sustainable Construction and Development
- Water Efficiency and the Environment
- Water Loss Management
- Water / Energy Production Nexus
Presenters must pay their own travel expenses. Complimentary conference registration will be provided to all accepted participants for their scheduled day or presentation, or receive a discounted registration fee of $110 for a full conference registration.
Abstracts should be approximately 500 words, single-spaced, and should clearly describe the topic being addressed.
All abstracts must include:
- Contact Information - mailing address, email, phone and fax
- Title of the proposed presentation (maximum of 10 words) or panel discussion
- Primary author(s) name(s) and affiliation(s)
Abstracts must be received by Saturday, May 15, 2021. Abstracts that are commercial in nature will not be accepted.
Abstracts must be submitted in English.
Panel sessions are a forum where experts engage in a discussion on a particular topic and encourage audience participation. The goal is to create a better understanding of the complex and sometimes contentious issues related to water conservation.
Panel sessions are allotted a maximum of one-and-a-half hours (1.5) hours. There is no required size to the panel; however, a panel consisting of three to five members is encouraged.
Selection of panel sessions will be based on the following criteria:
- Audience Participation: The topic must be one of interest to conference attendees and will foster discussion and debate.
- Panel Participants: The panel must consist of charismatic, knowledgeable and prepared participants who have varied experiences and opinions on the proposed topic.
- Moderator: The moderator must be effective in making sure the discussion remains structured, coherent and flows in an organized manner.
- Subject: The subject should be one that showcases and discusses a current topic in water conservation.
The abstract submitted for a panel session should include the following items in addition to those listed above in Abstract Guidelines:
- Name and short biography of each panel session member
- Name and short biography of the session moderator
- Several examples of questions or issues to be addressed by the panel
Conference Committee contact information: