Los Angeles Department of Water and Power
|Look for me at the following events:|
Tuesday, October 2 (8:00 am - 12:00 pm)
(WS-1806) Cooling Towers – The Final Frontier of Commercial Water Conservation
4-hour pre-show workshop where attendees will learn about the water savings potential for cooling tower/evaporative condenser projects.
1. Where are Cooling Towers and Evaporative Condensers and how do they function?
2. Cooling Tower/Evaporative Condenser tonnage calculations
3. Why is Cooling Tower/Evaporative Condenser water treated?
4. Reading and analyzing water treatment reports
5. Cycles of concentration- the key to water conservation
6. Water savings calculations
7. The importance of metering
8. How much work is involved in monitoring a cooling tower project?
9. State of the art water treatment and monitoring equipment
10. New and old types of water treatment systems
The course content and visuals are from actual, recent, cooling tower/evaporative condenser projects done by Los Angeles Department of Water and Power commercial customers. The workshop is geared to teach Water Conservation employees about the potential water savings with cooling towers and evaporative condensers.